Don Bosco's Nine Tips for getting the best out of your studies
1. Be God-Fearing. Remember all true wisdom begins and ends in God. Take care never to offend God. Thus separating His help from you.
2. Never Waste a Minute of Time. Time is precious. Never seek excuses for being absent from school. Don't daydream, but keep your mind on your books. Always be in time for school.
3. Do not pass on to something new until you have understood all that has been done before. Follow up your studies day by day. Do not leave anything until the examinations are near. Never be afraid of asking further explanation from your teacher.
4. Take your Meals at Fixed hours. Regulate your meals well so that it will avoid headache and inability to apply yourself to study.
5. Make Friends with studious Boys. They will help you both by word and example. Keep away from the bad and the lazy.
6. Take Part in Games. Recreation serves to refresh your mind and give you new energy for study. Never read during recreation; on the other hand do not give yourself up entirely to games to the detriment of your studies.
7. Do not flinch in the Face of Difficulties in your studies. Tackle all your difficulties with courage. Remember, a prayer to God for light will always help.
8. When studying keep your Mind only on Books. Do not take on too many extra activities that may hamper your studies. Read useful books, do not get a craze for comics.
9. Always Have Recourse to the protection of Mary, the Mother of God. She is invoked as "Seat of Wisdom" Begin and end all your studies with a "Hail Mary".